Why Have Your Teeth Cleaned?
Great oral hygiene is not just for a pretty smile – it actually helps improve your overall health. Gum infections and diseases have been linked to heart disease and other conditions, but with regular dental exams and cleanings, you may be able to prevent them from happening. Teeth cleanings offer numerous benefits, including:
- Preventing gum disease
- Helping detect early signs of oral cancer
- Offering you a healthier smile
- Freshening up your breath
- Maintaining excellent oral health
- Removing plaque, tartar, bacteria and build up that regular brushing and flossing cannot remove
How is it Done?
Your cleaning appointment is handled by a friendly dental hygienist. The hygienist will use several tools to remove build up and polish your teeth. Just a few things you can expect at your teeth cleaning appointment include:
- Hand Tools – Your hygienist will utilize hand tools (known as scalers and curettes) to remove the smaller deposits left on your teeth. These scrape away the plaque and build-up that toothbrushes leave behind. This process is completely pain-free.
- Polishing – Once your teeth are smooth and plaque is removed, you will have your teeth polished using a special polishing tool. A special paste, known as prophylaxis paste, is used to spin around on the teeth and leave them shiny and smooth.
- Fluoride – If it is needed, your hygienist will apply a fine layer of fluoride onto your teeth. It only needs to remain in place for 30 seconds and then you can spit out the rest.
Teeth Cleanings are Usually Covered by Insurance
If you have dental insurance, check with your insurance provider to see if regular cleanings and scaling appointments are covered. Most plans will cover a semi-annual or annual visit for a cleaning and usually charge just a small co-pay.
BOOK YOUR TEETH CLEANING AND SCALING APPOINTMENT TODAY.
Schedule an appointment with our dental hygienists in Scarborough and let our team of experts assist you with your oral care. Call us at 416-287-2426.
Monday 9:30 AM - 8:00 pm
Tuesday 7:00 AM - 8:00 pm
Wednesday 9:30 AM - 8:00 pm
Thursday 9:30 AM - 8:00 pm
Friday 11:30 AM - 7:00 pm
Saturday 7:00 AM - 4:00 pm