A smile is one of the best things you can share with the world. If you feel insecure, uncertain, or dissatisfied with the appearance of your teeth, it can be difficult to smile with confidence. Luckily, advancements in cosmetic dentistry allow everyone to smile like a celebrity and show the world their best and brightest teeth. Non-invasive and affordable cosmetic dental work can give you an even, natural-looking white smile and boost your confidence. The team at Sheridan Cyrus Dentistry provides dental hygiene services and teeth whitening in Scarborough to make you look and feel great while laughing, talking and sharing your smile.
What Causes Teeth to Become Dull or Yellow?
Here are some of the most common factors that can cause your teeth to become discoloured, yellow, or brown over time:
- Red Wine
- Artificially Coloured Foods
- Tetracycline Treatments
Treatment Options for Teeth Whitening
Consider the following cosmetic dentistry options to safely enhance the appearance of your smile:
- At-Home Teeth Whitening: There are a large number of at-home teeth whitening kits and solutions available over the counter. Be careful and do your research before proceeding to use one of these ‘safe’ kits. They can cause sensitivity, erode enamel, and leave your teeth more vulnerable to stains than they were before. Follow the instructions carefully to avoid an unnatural appearance and consult with your dentist in Scarborough beforehand if you have fillings, dental implants, or other oral health concerns.
- Professional Teeth Whitening: This safe and tailored option allows you to work with your dentist to find the perfect shade for an even, attractive, and safely whitened smile. Contact us to find out more about the different teeth whitening treatments offered at our dental clinic.
- Consistent Oral Hygiene: Brushing and flossing each day will limit the time that harmful substances can remain on the surface of your enamel to cause staining. Stay consistent with your at-home dental hygiene. Ensure that you are brushing correctly and long enough to remove the bacteria, debris, and discoloration that can be caused over the course of a day.
- Teeth Cleaning: Topical films and dullness may be resolved with a professional teeth cleaning. This is important to remove tartar buildup caused by compounded plaque.
- Veneers: If structural problems or deeper issues are the cause of discoloration in your teeth or a single tooth, veneers might help. This approach can provide a natural-looking complete facing that can brighten an individual tooth or set of teeth to match the rest of your smile.
Visit Sheridan Cyrus Dentistry for a regular teeth cleaning. We can work with you to determine the best approach to whiten your smile and limit discoloration in the future. Our team of experienced dental hygienists and cosmetic dentistry services ensure you have a healthy smile that you can be proud of. Visit our clinic for your initial consultation and trust our team for everything including cosmetic dentistry to dental fillings.
Contact your family dentists in Scarborough to find out how oral health care and dental cleanings can support your overall health and wellness. Book your teeth whitening appointment with Sheridan Cyrus Dentistry today by calling (416) 287-2426.
Monday 9:30 AM - 8:00 pm
Tuesday 7:00 AM - 8:00 pm
Wednesday 9:30 AM - 8:00 pm
Thursday 9:30 AM - 8:00 pm
Friday 11:30 AM - 7:00 pm
Saturday 7:00 AM - 4:00 pm