Digital Impressions for Crowns
Until a few years ago, crowns were created by impressions that were taken manually in a dentist’s office. Today, technology has advanced and your dentist can take impressions of your teeth digitally. This cutting-edge technology uses virtual, computer-generated replicas of the hard and soft tissues of the tooth using lasers and other high-tech scanning devices.
DO YOU NEED A CROWN? EXPERIENCE THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY WITH DIGITAL IMPRESSIONS AT DR. CYRUS DENTISTRY.
Call 416-287-2426 or Book Your Appointment Online.
Why Digital Impressions?
Crown digital impressions are efficient, accurate and give dentists the ability to email their results directly to the laboratory responsible for creating the crown. It eliminates the need for physical impressions and can even be used for same day restorations. Some benefits of using this technology include:
• Improved image quality for better-fitting crowns
• Less time the patient is required to sit in the dentist’s chair
• No more awkward mouthpieces and waiting for the impression to set. Also, digital impressions eliminate the hassles of impression materials or patients feeling like they are gagging.
• Improved accuracy and the elimination of errors during the process of taking the impression
• Improved patient retention – patients tend to go back to dental offices that used advanced technology and are constantly innovating in their practice
• Quick scanning – often done in under five minutes
• Impressions are stored digitally and indefinitely, which saves space in the dental office, ensures accurate record keeping and promotes a paper-free practice
The Types of Digital Dental Impressions
There are two main types of digital technologies used for these impressions. One will capture the images as photographs, which provide dentists as well as laboratories a series of images to develop their crowns. The other type uses digital video instead of still images.
Both use laser or digital scanning methods to create their images. Laser scanning is extremely precise and it is safe to use on younger patients too. Digital optical scanners are also accurate and safe, but the teeth will first need a powder coating before the scan can be recorded properly.
Scheduling Your Appointment for a Digital Impression
If you need a crown, you can avoid the discomfort, taste and gagging associated with traditional dental impressions by coming to Dr. Cyrus for digital impressions. At our office, we want your dental experience to be as comfortable as possible.
BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT FOR DIGITAL CROWN IMPRESSIONS WITH DR. CYRUS TODAY.
Call us at 416-287-2426 to make an appointment or to request more information.
Monday 9:30 AM - 8:00 pm
Tuesday 7:00 AM - 8:00 pm
Wednesday 9:30 AM - 8:00 pm
Thursday 9:30 AM - 8:00 pm
Friday 11:30 AM - 7:00 pm
Saturday 7:00 AM - 4:00 pm