Your Dental Clinic in Scarborough Can Help
Summer is all about family vacations, late nights, lazy mornings, and taking advantage of the warm temperatures. While there is plenty to love about summer, there is one thing many of us forget: dental care.
It is easy to get caught up in the season and forget about visiting your local dental office in Scarborough for a cleaning. Also, travel and lazy days mean less focus on diet and proper oral care. Luckily, there are ways to keep your teeth healthy, regardless of where summer takes you. Your family dental clinic can help.
Tips for Maintaining Your Dental Health During Summer
Your family schedule is packed with summer activities. While you are trying to make it to all the fun events and get-togethers, here are some helpful tips to keep you on top of your healthy smile:
- Try to Stay with the Routine: Regardless of what you have going on, be sure that everyone in the family is taking care of his or her teeth. That means brushing and flossing morning and night. When on the go, carry mouthwash and do what you can to keep your mouth clean. Encourage healthy habits by purchasing new toothbrushes and travel kits for your dental care.
- Schedule an Appointment with Our Dental Office in Scarborough: Summer is the perfect time to come in for your dental exams with x-rays and routine cleaning. To avoid the end-of-summer rush, bring the kids in around July or the start of August; just in time for school.
- Keep Healthy Snacks on Hand: To prevent unexpected trips to your dental clinic in Toronto or Scarborough, keep healthy snacks on hand. Healthy snacks are less likely to cause cavities. To encourage healthy eating, wash and prepare the healthy fruits and vegetables, so they are grab-ready for hockey practice, baseball games, soccer matches, and pool parties.
- Avoid Dental Emergencies: You cannot always prevent a dental emergency, but proper oral care in summer can include using a mouthguard for recreational activities. Also, if your child does injure and break or lose a tooth, be sure to have your dentist’s number on your phone for faster dialing.
- Bring a Dental Kit: Just in case an emergency happens while you are away from home, pack an emergency dental kit. The kit includes gauze, a small container with a lid (for storing a tooth), ibuprofen, and a handkerchief.
- Do Not Ignore Baby Teeth: Baby teeth need attention too during the summer. Visit your dentist for dental care in Scarborough, Toronto to see how you can care for your infant’s teeth year-round.
When it comes to excellent oral care in Scarborough, Toronto, our team here is dedicated to ensuring your family has strong, healthy teeth. From helping you combat thumb sucking to brightening teeth and keeping them healthy, Dr. Sheridan Cyrus is here for your family’s dental care this summer.
You can contact our office to schedule your summer checkup and dental radiology appointment today. Book your appointment with Sheridan Cyrus Dentistry today by calling 416-287-2426.
Monday 9:30 AM - 8:00 pm
Tuesday 7:00 AM - 8:00 pm
Wednesday 9:30 AM - 8:00 pm
Thursday 9:30 AM - 8:00 pm
Friday 11:30 AM - 7:00 pm
Saturday 7:00 AM - 4:00 pm