Sheridan Cyrus, Doctor of Dental Surgery,
humanitarian and philanthropist
Born on the Caribbean island of Grenada, Sheridan Cyrus immigrated to Canada in 1983 with the dream of becoming a dentist. He enrolled in Dalhousie University Dental School, Halifax, Nova Scotia and graduated in 1989 with a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree. Following graduation, Dr. Cyrus relocated to Toronto and began living his dream, tending patients in Flemingdon Park and Thornhill.
It was in 1991 that Dr. Sheridan Cyrus opened his own practice – Sheridan Cyrus Dentistry – at 1371 Neilson Road in Scarborough.
Forever thankful for the dream-fulfilling opportunities afforded him by his adopted country, Dr. Cyrus has made it his life’s mission to help others achieve their goals. In doing so, he has served on:
• The Building Committee of the Anglican Church of the Nativity from 1994 to 2000
• Advisory Board Member of the Anglican Church of the Nativity through the late 1990’s.
• Board of Directors for the Malvern Family Resource Center from 1994 to 1996 • From 2008 to 2015, he played a pivotal role in the fundraising campaign to build today’s new state-of-the-art Family Resource Center on Littles Road
Financially and/or materially, Sheridan Cyrus Dentistry donates to various organizations throughout Scarborough and beyond on an annual basis, including:
• African Canada Achievement Award • Anglican Church of the Nativity Scholarship Program (since 2006)
• Association of Black Law Enforcers Scholarship Program (since 2008)
• Dalhousie University Dental School Scholarship Program (since 2012)
Numerous school breakfast programs in the Malvern area Sports clubs, schools, churches and others beneficiaries also include:
• Advantage Basketball
• Dr. Marion Hilliard Senior Public School
• Ajax Soccer Club
• Mizpath Community
• Smyrna Seventh Day Adventist Church
• Vaughan Soccer Club
• Grenada Boys Secondary School Alumni Association
Through financial and/or material support, Sheridan Cyrus Dentistry annually contributes to several organizations and their events:
• Association of Black Law Enforcers (ABLE)
• Canadian Friends – St. Thomas Health Care Organizations
• Grenada Boys Club
• Jamaica Ex-Soldiers Association
• Malvern Family Resource Center
• Malvern Youth Community Employment Program
• Scarborough National Soccer Club
• St. Barnabas Catholic Church
• The Alliance of Guyana
• The Drug Free Marshals of Toronto
• Truth About Drugs campaign
Since 2011 Dr. Cyrus and members of his staff have traveled twice to Jamaica to do volunteer work with the Nine Miles of Smiles organization (NMS). Nine Miles of Smiles is a Canadian Registered Charity providing dental care to under-serviced areas in Jamaica.
From cities to remote towns to isolated villages, volunteers work with local groups to provide much needed dental services and resources for sustainable programs.
Sheridan Cyrus Dentistry volunteers administering to patients in Jamaica. Their bright NMS T-shirts bear the slogan: Sun, Sand, Floss and Fluoride.
Certs & Awards
Fifteen-year Ontario Volunteer Service Award presented to Sheridan Cyrus in 2013
Monday 9:30 AM - 8:00 pm
Tuesday 7:00 AM - 8:00 pm
Wednesday 9:30 AM - 8:00 pm
Thursday 9:30 AM - 8:00 pm
Friday 11:30 AM - 7:00 pm
Saturday 7:00 AM - 4:00 pm