Add a Boost of Confidence to Your Smile with Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are custom-made, thin shells of material that cover the front of your teeth and improve their appearance. They are bonded to the front of your teeth – altering color, shape and even size. Porcelain veneers look very similar to natural teeth and give you a more confident smile.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TODAY FOR A PORCELAIN VENEER CONSULTATION.
Call 416-287-2426 or Book Your Appointment Online
What Can Porcelain Veneers Fix?
Veneers are used to correct cosmetic issues with your teeth, including:
• Worn down teeth
• Chipped, broken or uneven teeth
• Discolored teeth
• Misaligned, irregularly shaped or uneven teeth
• Teeth with gaps in between them
Are Porcelain Veneers Right for You?
Points to Consider:
As with any cosmetic dentistry procedure, there are benefits and limitations to porcelain veneers.
• They look just like real teeth.
• They are not likely to irritate your gums.
• They are stain-resistant.
• Veneers are an aesthetically appealing, stronger option than crowns.
• They are typically pain-free.
• They do not require any special care other than the usual brushing, flossing and professional cleanings that your teeth need.
• The procedure cannot be reversed once it is completed – only adjustments can be made.
• Veneers are expensive and because they are cosmetic dentistry procedures, insurance may not cover the cost.
• Teeth may be sensitive afterward because enamel was removed in order to make room for the veneers. So, you may experience some discomfort while drinking hot or cold beverages.
• Your teeth under the veneers are still prone to decay; therefore, you must take precaution and care for them well.
• If you grind your teeth, you may not qualify for veneers.
• Veneers last five to 10 years; therefore, you will have to replace them when they are worn.
What to Expect with Porcelain Veneers
You will need to book a consultation where your dentist will determine if you are a candidate for porcelain veneers. X-rays may be taken to determine the shape of the teeth as well as to ensure there are no underlying issues, such as cavities.
Your dentist will then call you in for a prep appointment. A small amount of enamel will be removed from the existing tooth which is about the same thickness as the veneer. During this appointment, an impression is made of your teeth so your dentist can order the proper veneers. Temporary veneers may be put on while you wait for the permanent ones to arrive.
At the last appointment, your dentist will permanently bond the veneers to your teeth. Excess bonding compound is removed, your teeth cleaned and final adjustments are done to make sure you are comfortable. You may be required to come in a few weeks later for a follow-up.
Overall, the procedure is fairly pain-free. In just one to two weeks after your initial appointment, you could enjoy a perfect smile to confidently show off!
BOOK A CONSULTATION FOR PORCELAIN VENEERS TODAY.
Interested in porcelain veneers to boost your confidence and make you smile more? Sheridan Cyrus offers exceptional cosmetic dentistry services.
Call us at 416-287-2426 to book an appointment.
Monday 9:30 AM - 8:00 pm
Tuesday 7:00 AM - 8:00 pm
Wednesday 9:30 AM - 8:00 pm
Thursday 9:30 AM - 8:00 pm
Friday 11:30 AM - 7:00 pm
Saturday 7:00 AM - 4:00 pm